Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day! (What does that even mean?!)

I am sitting at my desk, decked out in green.  I even have super cute green striped socks on. I am ready for St. Patrick's day. But why?
Ever wonder why we celebrate St. Patrick's Day?! More importantly, do you ever wonder how it became a day that encourages many to drink in excess and not think anything of it? I sure do. Every year I wonder how the world began celebrating alcohol instead of this great missionary Saint's life.
Today I decided I was going to blog about why we celebrate this day...the real reason. As I sat down to blog I found that a great friend of mine must have woken up with the exact same thought! Her blog about green beer, St. Patrick, and the Saints gets right to the point. SO, instead of me re-inventing the wheel, check out HER blog!

And for a little bit of education (and entertainment) about St. Patrick check out this video. It pretty much made my morning.