Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Daily Advent Challange

Happy Advent!

Often we hear that this is best time of year, and in my opinion it IS! 
I am sure we all love the preparations for Christmas: shopping, decorating,cooking, music! These things bring joy and laughter and peace and stir something in our hearts that we often can't put words to. This time of year is great. But why? What are we really preparing for?
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE decorating, baking, and christmas music as much as the next guy (I may or may not sneak christmas music throughout the entire year but shhhhh don't tell) but what I also love about advent is that it gives us the chance to pause, look at our lives and remember what we should be preparing our hearts for in daily life throughout the year. We have a savior, a king, who became one of us so that we could live in freedom from our sins. How do our lives reflect this truth? How are we saying "yes" to Him each day as Mary did? 

Over the next 4 weeks I will be posting a daily advent challenge here on our blog and also on our facebook page.
Some will be actions, others will be more inward focused, but each of them will challenge us to truly enter into this season of advent and see where Jesus is meeting us each day and what He is asking of us as we prepare to celebrate His birth. 

Are you with me?

Need a little nudge?



Here were go:
Day 1: Today look for one small sign that God is present in your daily life. Give Him thanks for His presence. If you find that He is absent, sit for a few moments and find out why.